FP7, was F7 length

Hi Jim

ER-Model Imports have their current FP7 which is from the molds of the older Atlas/Roco model but... they were looking at retooling the molds (or making new ones) for a updated and detailed FP7. However last time I ask them about this they said the project was on hold due to costs. Maybe they heard about the Central Hobbies work and decided not to invest in a set molded shell when the Central Hobbies shell was in a kit form where the builder can choose the details as we do with Highliners.

Nigel

-- Redline Race Controls

Western Pacific Model Railways

Nigel Nichols

also...

I asked Central Hobbies for some photos some 2 months ago but nothing has appearred as yet. They were also looking at/working on a power chassis for the FP7 shell. Maybe this is where the older Atlas chassis will come in very hnady now.

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Nichols

Thanks Nigel, I have heard rumors that an FP7 might be coming this year, possibly from Broadway Limited to go with their CZ cars? What I would really like would be a Highliners version. I have several Atlas units and a couple undec shells but as you said on your web site. (I like your web site) there are a number of problem issues that can't be fixed. The shells I have also have the too wide back roof hatch. If nothing else pans out in the next several months I'll probably go the Central Hobbies route -- but I'll have to have some way of taking a look at them first. I think the Atlas frame will probably work with them. I'll probably cut off the fuel tank and battery boxes with a hack saw and then use my own or High Tech underbody details. For power I'd use Athearn "Blue Box" power trucks and a good can motor. By the way, don't drop the Atlas frame on the floor. I recently dropped one on my cement garage floor and it broke into about a half dozen pieces. The metal is obviously quite weak and brittle.

Jim Bright

Reply to
jhbright

Hi Jim

Hehehehe too late. My Atlas FP7 chassis hit the floor about 3 weeks ago. The frame survived but one of the truck inner gear boxs split into 4 pieces and the outer frame/axle retainerl snapped off its retainer lugs. However with Atlas's excellent service I recieved the necessary replacement parts for it only yesterday. I shell fix her up this afternoon. BTW. My FP7 is the earlier version and the replacement parts I had to order are for the older Atlas GP40.(non master or classic series) The available parts for the FP7 on Atlas's web site are for the later release and are different mainly in the gear ratio which is 17:1. Mine is the 10:1 version.

I had considered Athearn trucks (having a slightly better 12:1 gearing) if I couldn't get the replacement Atlas parts. However I went to the trouble to buy North West Short Line replacement wheels/axle/gear sets for my FP7 so getting the replacement parts was definitly first choice.

Cya Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Nichols

Hi Jim

Hehehehe too late. My Atlas FP7 chassis hit the floor about 3 weeks ago. The frame survived but one of the truck inner gear boxs split into 4 pieces and the outer frame/axle retainer snapped off its retainer lugs. However with Atlas's excellent service I recieved the necessary replacement parts for it only yesterday. I shell fix her up this afternoon. BTW. My FP7 is the earlier version and the replacement parts I had to order are for the older Atlas GP40.(non master or classic series) The available parts for the FP7 on Atlas's web site are for the later release and are different mainly in the gear ratio which is 17:1. Mine is the 10:1 version.