Re: Whats your Favorite Train Movie?

says...

It was made in 1934.
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0027000 /
http://users.erols.com/kennrice
Nobody mentioned Narrow Margin with Larry Hagman.
Great scenery on the Canadian and a halfway decent plot.
Not my favorite (not sure what that is) but worth watching if it comes on the tube.
Regards,
DAve
DaveW wrote:

Was he the bad guy? I remember Gene Hackman as the cop.
--
Steve Caple

Steve Caple wrote:

Oooops! Gene Hackman is correct. I kind of knew Hagman was wrong, but it was the closest I could come on the spur of the moment.
The film works best on a big, big screen, but it is unlikely to show up at the few remaining repeat houses, so video is about the extnet of it. Lots of great Canadian Rockies footage. Filmed on the Canadian in like 1992 or so.
Like I said, just watch for it on the tube. But do watch the whole film.
Regards,
DAve
I almost forgot "It Happened to Jane" with Jack Lemmon and Doris Day, filmed along the New Haven, I think. Something with some sort of race between a steamer and a diesel train. Ernie Kovacs as the head of the railroad. But, really, try to see "Danger Lights". This and "Emporer of the North" are the best.
-John
I have not seen it in years, but I always enjoyed "Saratoga Trunk" with Gary Cooper. The story begins in New Orleans, but ends up along the D&H, between Albany and Binghamton, NY. While not strictly a railroad movie, I believe the facts around D&H storyline are based on actual events.
Also, I've seen "Union Pacific" about a million times, but would sit and watch it again today.
Rich
Anybody remember "Union Pacific?"
While not my favorite train movie, there is another I have not seen mentioned, and cannot remember the name of.
The subject is the building of the DRGW and the fights between the ATSF and DRGW.
Could it be "Denver & Rio Grande"?
(Yup, it is; found it on Google)
Brian
David W. wrote:

Yes. But it costs $5 extra to rent that one these days.
Regards,
DAve
Hi
As far as I can see from this fabulous post, nobody has mentioned the film 'Under Siege 2' starring Steven Seagal.
It's set on the Grand Continental, travelling from Denver to LA. I know its not really a 'train film' but its well worth seeing all the things Steve can do with a train
Erik.
p.s. Did the A-Team not make an armoured train out of an old tractor, some metal piping, a welding torch and some cabbages
The Disney classic Dumbo. It has to be my grandkids favorite. As for me, put me in with the Silver Streak crew.
bg

<snip>