REA Boxcars

Were REA boxcars and all refrigerator cars prototypically added to the front of a consist, to the back of a consist, or were they placed
according to their designated drop-off?
Thanks, Matt
On a passenger train they were head end cars. Gene
mc snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Matt,
Me again! If your interested there is an REA modeling Group on Yahoo at:
Paul - "The CB&Q Guy" (Modeling 1960's In HO.)
The CB&Q Guy wrote:

Hi Paul,
Wonderful. Thanks. I just joined and posted some questions that I have had on the back burner for quite some time.
BTW, can you give me the discount summary of the CB&Q and whether it formally interacted with the ATSF, the UP, and/or the SP. I have a single P2K CB&Q F7A and a few "Burlington" cars that I am trying to integreate into my layout plan if possible.
Many Thanks!!!
BTW, can you give me the discount summary of the CB&Q and whether it formally interacted with the ATSF, the UP, and/or the SP. I have a single P2K CB&Q F7A and a few "Burlington" cars that I am trying to integreate into my layout plan if possible.
```````` Hi Matt.
I don't really know specifically on all the info of the 'Q interchanging with these railroads as my stuff is mostly packed away in the basement yet from the move several years ago. Somewhere I have a listing of all the interchanges between the CB&Q and various railroads with locations, but again, it's all packed away.
I DO know that the Burlington interchanged with the ATSF and they also had a lot of doings in conjunction with the UP. UP and Burlington even had a pooled power freight train in the 1960's. Don't recall anything off hand on interchange with the SP.
There is another Yahoo Group which is for the Burlington Route HIstorical Society on Yahoo at:
You do not have to be a member of the Society to join and you may be able to also find some info by searching the message archive and/or checking out the Files section at the home page of the Group. Or you can just ask 'em what you want to know! ;^)
Hope this helps. Sorry I don't more specifics off the top of my head.
Take care.
Paul - "The CB&Q Guy" Modeling 1960's In HO. snipped-for-privacy@insightbb.com
The CB&Q Guy wrote:

This helps a ton.

This is great. I found a lengthy thread that you participated in regarding the very same question(s) I was asking. These NG's will be wonderful resources.
Many Thanks!!!

Or on the tail end of the 'Western Star', yes behind that beautiful 'Mountain' class observation.

--

"I believe there are more instances of the abridgement
of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent