Research project assistance sought

Hi, group.

One of the occasional posters, Jay Cunnington ( snipped-for-privacy@aol.com) is doing a research paper, which is due next week. I suggested he post the following survey on RMR, but as AOL has pulled the plug on Usenet access for dial-up subscribers, he's up the creek without a paddle. So, he asked me to post it for him.

You can also go to his web page at

to answer the questions.

He asks that if you email your response, to mention something about his research project in the subject line, and to state only the line numbers and answers.

Dieter Zakas

Are you concerned about rising electrical costs, either now or in the near future? Yes A little Somewhat No

  1. Do you believe global warming is caused by mankind? Yes No Not sure

  1. Are you concerned about global warming? Yes No

  2. Are you concerned about air pollution caused by generating electricity? Yes No

  1. Are you in favor of alternative energy programs by utilities, such as using solar power, wind turbines, hydroelectric, or geothermal? Yes No

  2. Are you concerned about nuclear waste or nuclear power generation? Yes No Not sure

  1. Do you own your own home? Yes No

  2. Do you believe that solar power is a viable method of generating electrical power either now or in the next 5 years? Yes No

  1. Have you ever considered installing a solar electric system on your home, or if you don¹t own a home, would you consider installing one if you did? Yes No

  2. What much would you spend to install a solar electric system on your house? Less than ,000 ,000 to ,000 ,000 and up I wouldn¹t install one at any price

  1. If you got a tax rebate or money off your electrical bill for installing a system, would you install one then? Yes No

  2. If you were able to borrow money at less than 4% to install a system, would you install one then? Yes No

  1. Does having a solar electric system mean you have to disconnect from the electrical company? Yes No

  2. Will any excess electrical power generated by your system give you credit on your electrical bill? Yes No

  1. Will having a solar electrical system on your house add to your property tax bill? Yes No

  2. Can solar power provide enough electricity to run your house? Yes No

For statistical grouping purposes?

  1. What is your age group?
18-25 25-34 35-44 45-54 55-64 65 & over

  1. Sex? Male Female

  2. Zip code?
Reply to
Dieter Zakas

Just wondering if we are supposed to cut and paste it into a word doc then send it to him or what.

Reply to
John Franklin

I went to the website, but while I got the question list, there didn't appear to be any way to answer them there. Did I miss something? John H.

Reply to
John H

That's what I did - just cut and pasted, then deleted all of the question (except the #) and left the answer I wanted. Then I cut & pasted it back into an email.

Bob

Reply to
kt0t