Rochester, NY

I'm visiting my daughter in Rochester, NY. Are there any model RR shops I should visit? [I'm an N-scaler.]

-- Bill McC.

Reply to
Bill McCutcheon

Despatch Junction (East). 100 Station Road. East Rochester, NY 14445 Despatch Junction (West). 2222 Lyell Avenue. Rochester, NY 14606

Also, play around with this:

with different search strings...

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

| Despatch Junction (East). 100 Station Road. East Rochester, NY 14445

"Home" store. Much bigger selection of "n" Good train watching location.

| Despatch Junction (West). 2222 Lyell Avenue. Rochester, NY 14606

Just basics plus an occasional odd bit.

CTucker NY

Reply to
Christian

Good train watching location.

Yup... right on the 'Central "Big Four" - now the CSX nee Conrail nee PennCentral "Big Two".

The Despatch Junction store (a re-habbed freight house) is also about

200 yards east of the "Brighton" track detector(160.8 mhz), which is behind the old piano factory. Lots of daily traffic.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

Good train watching location.

Yup... right on the 'Central "Big Four" - now the CSX nee Conrail nee PennCentral "Big Two".

The Despatch Junction store (a re-habbed freight house) is also about

200 yards east of the "Brighton" defect detector(160.8 mhz), which is behind the old piano factory. Lots of daily traffic.

Rob

Reply to
trainfan1

I stopped at the one in East Rochester this afternoon. It's an interesting place, with the big O-scale layout in the middle of the store, the old-fashioned feel of the place, their use of the old RR building right next to the tracks. No trains passed by while I was there, though.

I only bought a small building kit on this visit, but will likely return on future visits to the area.

Thank you both for the pointer.

-- Bill McC.

Reply to
Bill McCutcheon