Save the Citrus Empire Model Railroad Club

The Citrus Empire Model Railroad Club is being forced out of the Los
Angeles County Fair Grounds in Pomona. The Citrus Empire is one of the
oldest model railroad clubs in the Los Angeles Area and the only
public O Scale club in the area. They have been in their current
location under the grandstands at Fairplex for well over a half a
century. Now Fairplex management is forcing them out.
The Original Whistle Stop in Pasadena has a supply of prepared letters
to Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors Gloria Molina and Don Kanbe
on hand, ready for your signature. Please stop in and lend the Citrus
Empire your support by signing the letters. Together we can save the
Citrus Empire and prevent the passing of a Southern California and
model railroading landmark.
Other suggestions:
Contact the Citrus Empire via Lou Houlemarde at 760-244-0936.
Send the LA County Supervisors your own personal letter via US Mail.
Contact the LA County Supervisors by phone.
Send them an e-mail (Regular US Mail is usually much better)
Send a letter to the Editor of the Los Angeles Times and other
newspapers.
Call radio and TV stations and let them know of the situation.
Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors

Model Railroading is Fun! (but not forever?)
David
Reply to
David J. Sanchez
Wow, that is sad. I guess the almighty dollar and demand for the space the layout occupies holds sway. Every time I've gone to the Fairplex that layout has been one of my mandatory stops. Unfortunately I now live in Houston so my opinion to the supervisors is probably meaningless.
Reply to
Rick Jones
Go for it, all the same. They may be sensitive to loss of tourist dollars.
Reply to
John Miller