Model RR layout

http://videos.komando.com/2009/03/27/a-miniature-wonderland /

WOW!! INCREDIBLE!! So much to see and so few superlatives...
Normally the NYC next to the Alps next to the Grand Canyon type layout leaves me cold, but this is Spectacular Execution. From the road traffic to the camera flashes in the stadium, from the ski lift to the hot air balloons and rail traffic everywhere!
Thanks for sharing!!

They have a YouTube Channel!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/MiWuLaTV

Wow!! L@@K!!!! RARE? . . . unfortunately not
--
Steve

RARE? . . . unfortunately not

What ARE you on about?
On Sun, 24 May 2009 06:43:12 GMT, LD wrote:

Perhaps your ISP also filtered out the Spam concerto pimping (probably - I didn't open their link) the Miniatur Wonderland in Germany. Just more spam. With E-Bay punctuation.
--
Steve

Steve Caple wrote:

Well now, at least we now know how reliable your opinions are. Perhaps a quick check would help with your facts...............

Fact: Miniature Vunderland is a for-profit tourist attraction in Hamburg Germany. (See attached price schedule.)
http://www.miniatur-wunderland.com/visit/prices/entrance-fees /
Fact: As do many other businesses, Vunderland advertises regularly in a number of places in order to attract more business, and just like other seedy tourist attractions (Disneyland, Europe, etcetera) they no doubt employ a PR department to see that their name is kept in the forefront of potential customer's thought-processes just as much as possible. (See the big spread in Model Railroader a while back.)
Fact: References to Miniature Vunderland's website have appeared here at RMR on a regular basis ever since I began watching the group several years ago. This makes it seem as if the person or persons who keep doing this are in fact spamming the Newsgroup hoping to stir up a little more future business for Miniature Vunderland.
So if Steve suspects that your post is just more of the same, and that you are in fact a flack for the nice folks at Miniature Vunderland, it's easy enough to understand why.
Them's the facts.
~Pete
RARE? . . . unfortunately not

[...]
I'd not seen it before and was Astonished. Imagine Working there!
On Sun, 24 May 2009 11:52:12 -0700 (PDT), Twibil

So, does that mean it's not a model railroad? -- Ray

You mean you don't know?
On Sun, 24 May 2009 17:32:14 -0700 (PDT), Twibil

I'm just checking to see if you do. You've done a lot of complaining so far about a model railroad that happens to charge an admission.
How do you feel about the San Diego Model Railroad Museum? There have been lots of posts here about them but they also charge a cover. Why not slam them, too? You make no sense sometimes, Pete.
Reminds me of a couple of friends in Oceanside who were members of a motorcycle club. The members complained at meetings month after month that there wasn't a custom shop in Oceanside. Poor members had to either go to San Diego or Los Angeles for their custom stuff. Lo and behold, that member and his wife invested a few hundred thousand in a shop and opened the first custom cycle shop in town. What did they get for their reward? Complaints from club members who suddenly started claiming they were only members of the club to increase their profits. How moronic is that? Well, pretty close to your complaints.
It's a model railroad,for heaven's sake. Just let them post here now and again without your vitriolic replies and slams. Grow up. -- Ray
Ray Haddad wrote:

Damm, I didn't know I was going to create such a problem by showing a site that had some model railroad stuff that a friend had sent to me. At least there was one person who enjoyed it also.
On Sun, 24 May 2009 21:59:16 -0500, Norvin

Enjoy it. The only thing different about you is that you're considered fresh meat. Don't fret the loudest here. They've got nothing else but false bravado, mate. Trust me on that one.
They're all wind and just as smelly. -- Ray

Not to worry: all you have to do to set Ser Haddad off on a rant is breath in an everyday manner. Inhale, exhale, makes no never-mind. And if you *stopped* breathing he'd promptly post to tell everyone why he'd known it was going to happen all along, and why you deserved it. Just about any unmoderated Newsgroup you can think of has a few like him, and it's probably best if you think of them as random sand-traps in the fairway of life.
However, so far as I know, nobody is specifically mad at *you*.
It's just that when something that's been posted over and over again to a Newsgroup shows up once again, and has at least the *appearance* of being spam, you're likely to get some negative reactions from posters who've grown tired of being propositioned by those consistantly off-topic Russian/Filipino brides...
~Pete
On Mon, 25 May 2009 00:25:24 -0700 (PDT), Twibil

So to clear things up, you went off again for no reason. Just as I suspected. Grow up.
Norvin, this is as close as you will ever get to an apology from this noobie on USENET. -- Ray

Ray, you're a well-known Usenet nutcase, and the only logical thing to do with that sort of oddity is treat them as my dog would: I.E. if you can't eat it or screw it, just gently piss on it and walk away.

Ray's other great talent -as we've all seen many times before- is the outright lie.
~Pete
On Mon, 25 May 2009 11:42:55 -0700 (PDT), Twibil

If only you could. Heh.

You still haven't apologized. You never will. You picked on the OP for nothing at all except a pet peeve of which he wasn't even guilty.
No surprise there, Pete. Grow up. -- Ray
On 5/24/2009 7:48 PM Ray Haddad spake thus:

The SDMRM doesn't appear to propagate spam like the other railroad under discussion does. Anyone but a lame card-trick "magician" would get that.

On Sun, 24 May 2009 20:06:37 -0700, David Nebenzahl

There's no complaints about it when a third party posts information though. The original poster was a third party. Grow up.

Is that supposed to bother me somehow? You need more work on your delivery. Did someone smash your toy trains today, David? Poor baby. How precious it is to see you whining and grasping like you do. -- Ray