Slightly high "Buy It Now" price...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------=

--------------------------------

A bit over my limit.

Bill Bill's Railroad Empire

Bill

Hmmm. E Bay at 07;10 A< 27 February tells me the listing has been removed.

Tell us more about it, please.

Reply to
jJim McLaughlin

"P. Roehling" schreef in bericht news:47c505fb$0$1081$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com...

And you still have to pay for shipping and handling, mmm he's probably bringing it in person if you buy for that price :-)

Greetz Jan

Reply to
Jan(Bouli)Van Gerwen

It came up OK for me ... It's a SP baggage/dormitory car (G scale?) by The Coach Yard. If I read the box correctly, original price is/was $450 (!!), but you can "buy it now" for a mere $42,500.

-- Bill McC.

Reply to
Bill McCutcheon

"jJim McLaughlin" wrote

Nope. It's still there.

A Hobby shop in San Francisco (Gunnings) has a Coachyard S.P. heavyweight passenger car up for auction.

The starting price is $75 with no bids so far, the car lists for $450 retail, and the "Buy It Now" price is shown as being $42,000. (Gunnings is

*known* for asking top dollar, but $42,000 seems a bit high, even for them...)

Might be a typo, or might be somebody at the store having a little fun with eBay.

Reply to
P. Roehling

On 2/27/2008 11:36 AM P. Roehling spake thus:

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that it's probably an honest mistake; the seller got happy fingers when they were typing in the "Buy it now" amount, and never checked it.

Not that *I* would ever do anything stupid like that ...

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

David Nebenzahl wrote in news:47c5fdfe$0$20770$ snipped-for-privacy@news.adtechcomputers.com:

*trim*

Think of all the free promotion this guy's getting. Someone (not him) posts a link here and there, and you go and look. If everything else was in order, why not do something typoish?

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

For that Buy it Now price, you could buy some 1:1 scale cars.

Reply to
Val

"Val" wrote

Or 2.4 Honda Civics.

-Pete

Reply to
P. Roehling

"P. Roehling" wrote in news:47c64c7d$0$22889 $ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com:

Or pay someone to take away a Yugo.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

"Puckdropper" wrote

I think you meant to say "tow away" a Yugo.

-Pete

Reply to
P. Roehling

"Puckdropper" wrote

I never thought of that, but you could be right!

Sneaky.

-Pete

Reply to
P. Roehling

I think the seller forgot a decimal point, is all. He wants $425.00. Which is reasonable, I guess, since new brass cars are going for that and more.

HTH

Reply to
Wolf K.