Slip Switch Track

No.

Nice try, but none of them fit the bill. Maybe the "Staircase" on the SI Midland line. Maybe.

Hmm. I'll have to take your word for that...

Another comment that makes no sense. How does my not enjoying the film constitute sour grapes?

Reply to
Mark Newton

What do you want, the prototype John Allen actually modelled???

You had better - I live here within a few miles of several of the locations and have been to a number of the others at different times. The closest to "special effects" altering the landscape other than the addition of "habitations" was the linking of widely separated locations in separate scenes as though they were withing walking distance of each other.

Your comment suggested that the movies were not watchable, not that you personally didn't find it/them watchable.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

It was more plausible than anything Mark Newton the expert layout builder has to show.

Not by Mark Newton.

Mark the expert layout designer needs to consider selective compression. Without selective compression most prototypes could never be modelled. Of course Mark's layout is not entirely dependent on his prototype, if he has one. If it was he has the largest HO model railway in Australia.

Reply to
Terry Flynn

Mark Newton could have saved allot of time by producing evidence of his alleged modelling skills.

Mark talking fiction again. Like Mark's model railway, not much facts about it in public, why?

Of course not. He has nothing worth showing.

Swearing again in what is usually a civilised newsgroup. Stay in the gutter if you like Mark. Until you apologise for your public attacks on my character, no private e-mail or visit is going to happen. I intend to share any information with all here. I do not intend wasting my time going to see a layout that is not worth publication here, or is owned by a foul mouthed broom pushing expert..

Reply to
Terry Flynn

I didn't find the movies watchable. Where do the sour grapes come in?

Reply to
Mark Newton

The in-house documentation at XESC official, f****it. Or do you imagine that the fitters and TAs amuse themselves by producing bootleg paperwork?

Reply to
Mark Newton

Why should he bother, when he's able to play you guys like a cheap fiddle?

Reply to
John Miller

Canada, actually; as is Will.

Bah, before you lecture people on "parochial ignorance", learn to read what they actually write. I never said it *couldn't* be done, for particular prototypes (in fact I said the exact opposite). But it also manifestly *can't* be done for many other themes -- ones chosen by many modellers. How many modellers are doing "no-compromise" layouts vs. how many are compressing and/or looping back and omitting/combining towns and so on? I doubt anyone has reliable statistics, but I'd bet the second group is larger.

-- Kizhé

Reply to
Lieutenant Kizhe Katson

So you deny that the Mechanical & Manufacturing Engineering School was the subject of an internal investigation? An investigation that found there were flagrant breaches of the uni's guidelines on appropriate internet use?

Reply to
Mark Newton

Then you should have said that in the first place.

Your mouth?

Reply to
Gregory Procter

Marks off in fantasy land again. What is he going on about? Get back to reality Mark. This is not Aus.rail where there are equally immature individuals who think it's funny to insult people on the group.

Reply to
Terry Flynn

Tell us something about your HO layout. Have you got beyond 6 feet of cork bed. As you are so into detail I await a description of your prototype layout which is better than the Gorre and Daphetid.

Reply to
Terry Flynn

Terry Flynn wrote: >

Get back to work, you bludger.

Which you are quite happy to participate in when it suits you, bludger.

Do some work, you parasite.

Reply to
Mark Newton

"Better than the Gorre & Daphetid"? What a change of heart.

Can this be from the same man who wrote, "Don't try to peddle out of date US modelling practices down under, we have move (sic) on."???, referring to John Allen?

Reply to
Mark Newton

Well, he saves more time by ~not~ producing evidence. Looks like it's ~your~ time that's being wasted...

Don't bother to reply via email...I've been JoeJobbed.

Reply to
Jeff Sc.

The day that you came to the Large Erecting Shop as an invited guest, and proceeded to behave like a complete and utter ill-mannered prick.

THAT'S WHAT I'M GOING ON ABOUT!

Or have you conveniently forgotten about that?

Reply to
Mark Newton

The day of this photo perhaps, he certainly hasn't got much of a smile.

Keith Make friends in the hobby. Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.

Reply to
Keith Norgrove

That's the day in question, Keith. But, as grumpy as he is in this photo, he still looks better than in the one I took of him.

Mark Newton

He still has more to show than our model detail and accuracy expert, Mark Newton.

Reply to
Terry Flynn

Mark, why don't you tell us about your non fantasy trackplan on the HO layout you have.

Reply to
Terry Flynn