Slip Switch Track

Terry, Marky will have to change his whine after this weekend. I just picked up a box of N Scale cork, 25 whole pieces. So maybe by tomorrow night I can double my roadbed length. Who knows how far I will get by Sunday night, LOL

However, even at 6', that is still 6' more than Marky has.

Reply to
<Will

It's one good example of many from around the world which is similar in style of Allen's scenery work. There are even locations in Australia which you can see railways built on cliff's, similarities which are comparable with some of Allens excellent work. Like Greg I've been to the above location. Newton as usual will tell any lie to push his argument.

Reply to
Terry Flynn

A very accurate conclusion.

Give us some examples Mark. No compression means scale curves.

They cannot model the line that you ride on that forms a loop accurately in any scale. Many compromises are required. Mark is talking the about the Sydney suburban system. Explain how you would do it in HO expert layout designer other than as a fantasy.

Reply to
Terry Flynn

The maintenance staff follow the example set by the owners/operators, who frequently refer to the Xplorer and Endeavour cars as railmotors. The documents produced by PFM and CountryLink are about as "official" as you can get, I would think.

Note the glaring inconsistency in this question. If I was pushing a broom, then I'd hardly have any effect at all on the maintenance record, now would I? So take the time to look at the following:

PFM car cleaners - classified as EO3s - do a very good job in far from ideal circumstances. So your constant attempts to nark me by referring to me as a "broom pusher" are wasted. Our EO3s are hard-working and dedicated, and would be an asset in any organisation. I gratefully accept the compliment.

If you really wanted to hurt my feelings, you would refer to me as a "UNSW technical officer".

Reply to
Mark Newton

Students downloading music, video's ect beyond their limits. Of course the organisation you work for has had plenty of wrong doing by individuals, that's the nature of people. Irrelevant to my position and this newsgroup. How about telling us something about your HO layout expert.

Reply to
Terry Flynn

Another post from Mark who said he would not reply to my posts.

A quote from aus.rail.models. Mark the expert who has never built an Australian prototype model railway thinks you can apply 1960's US layout design principles to an Australian Layout. It's a different subject you have selectively quoted from. We still await any detail about your HO layout expert.

Reply to
Terry Flynn

Clearly then your official documents contain unofficial names for rail cars. I will give you a tip Mark. NSW railmotors have the words ' RAILMOTOR' in 6" high letters on their body. They also had spoked wheels. The rail cars used today do not have the words railmotor on them, because they are officially termed rail cars. It is to be expected you are unable to correctly fill out paperwork. Fitters and TA's do not decide what is an official term.

Reply to
Terry Flynn

Clearly then, the official documents support my position.

Not in their later years they didn't. Better get out and have a look at the survivors. Another lie.

HAH! Well put, Mr Literacy!

Indeed, we do not. The railway hierarchy decide that, and they use the terms "railmotor" and "railcar" interchangeably.

Reply to
Mark Newton

Your in good company, a bunch of pen pushers who don't know what they are working on. Exploders are officially rail cars. Rail motor is a steam era term, which went out of official use as a rail vehicle name a along time ago. Public service tradition appears to continue in State Rail. Out dated terminology for out dated thinking. Then again Country Link is nothing but a second rate transport service that exists due to political pork barrelling.

This is most stupid thing you have done to date, placing your personal details on the web such as staff No. The less important things such as address can easily be looked up. You must have told some real whoppers to become an acting shift supervisor. What is the qualification of those below you? I am glad I am not in your shoes when every one finds out how much you really know.

You need real qualifications to be a technical officer.

Reply to
Terry Flynn

It's clear some pen pushers are still using the out of date steam era term for your section. It ain't the official name of what is being repaired. Consider it to be an insult, rail motors are an out of date form of transport.

Reply to
Terry Flynn

No, the most stupid thing I have done to date is waste time and effort trading insults with a troglodyte like you.

Like many before me, I concede defeat.

Reply to
Mark Newton