Smoker for HO Factory Smoke-Stack

Hello,

I am looking for a little help in choosing the correct smoke generator for an HO layout. The Kibri Brewery kit comes with a smoke-stack that allows me plenty of room inside to install some type of smoke generator. I have purchased the Firma Seuthe "Smoke Chimney 16V", but it doesn't seem to put out much smoke. I see that the same company puts out what they call a "Steam Generator", which is also 16V. Would this be a better bet to putting out more smoke or steam, or is their another smoker that would work better. Looking for any help I can get.

Thanks for your time.

--Mike

Reply to
triwolf

Just be aware that "smoke generators" actually emit a vaporised oil, which condenses and attaches itself to the nearest cool surface, usually rail, and forms a sticky gunky goo that messes up wheels and other delicate bits.

I don't smoke, and won't let anything on my railroad smoke either. Hah!

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

What Wolf said - oily condensate! Eeeeuuuuwwww!!!

Look into cobbling your own to use bits of dry ice?

Reply to
Steve Caple

Thanks for the advice. Maybe I'll rethink smoke generator. I have a enough problems keeping the track clean and clear as it is.

--Mike

Reply to
triwolf

If you don't mind a more static "smoke" display, I've use cotton and pulled some wispy strands out and done just a touch of dry brush smoky gray color (I think I used harbor grey from Polly Scale), then just stuck it into the smoke stack. With some trail and error, you can get a pretty good effect.

Ed

in article snipped-for-privacy@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com, triwolf at snipped-for-privacy@triwolf.com wrote on 1/27/05 1:18 PM:

Reply to
Edward A. Oates

I recently saw a display which featured 'wiggling thingies' standing out (don't worry, it's not worth explaining) My thought was that this might be a method of layout animation, so I asked how it was done. The 'wiggling thingies' were on needles poked into the cones of small cheap loud speakers, driven by a random current pulse generator. (two 555 pulse generators in parallel running at fractionally different rates) Add this to Edward's static whispy strands and you will have moving whispy strands of smoke!

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter