Striping finishes

Got a bit of a problem. I decided to model my very own road name and route in N scale. I plane on setting it in the Ozarks. I don't have the exact name yet, but it will be "The Route of the Pouncing Fox" Here is the problem, I need to remove the paint, or decals from some locomotives and cabooses. What isthe best way to do this, without damaging the plastic? Paul

Reply to
Paul R. Bennett

Pine-Sol and brake fluid are the two most common, but they each damage some plastics and not others. I've used brake fluid on Atlas, Athearn, and Stewart with no problems, except for a slight discoloration of the black plastic.

Jay CNS&M North Shore Line - "First and fastest"

Reply to
JCunington

I've used a product called "Chameleon" to strip some N scale shells and it works great.

or your local hobby store will have this product.

Reply to
Dave D

Gentlefolk Thank you both for your input. It is appreciated. Dave, I will give the Tallahassee Hobbytown a shout and see if they can order it for me. If not, then I will go direct to Chameleon. Paul

Dave D wrote:

Reply to
Paul R. Bennett