remote switch doesnt engage

i flip the swith and it makes a bunch of noice, but the magnet cannot flip the lever and switch the turnout. when I remove the switch from the track the little plastic thing moves back and forth no problem. When I put it back on, it is unable to pull the tracks back and forth. It makes a lot of noice but nothing happens. The other switches in the layout work fine. the one that doesn't work doesn't seem to be any harder to switch manually.

Today was the first time that I wired the switches and I'm new at this. Any advice? BTW, it is a code 80 Atlas N scale.

Thx,

andres

Reply to
andresmuro

Check to see if anything is blocking the points of the switch track. Or, you might be pushing the button for the way the switch is already thrown.

Reply to
Frank A. Rosenbaum

Also check to make sure that the wires to the switchmachine are put on correctlly. If you do the wires the wrong way, it will throw one way but not the other but it will make noises both ways.

Bob May