"The Cliff Line" Gallows Turn Table Kit

I've just bought a Gallows Turn Table Kit - The Cliff Line Scale Models #

411. Can anyone tell me approximatly how old this kit is and if its still available? Many Thanks.
Reply to
Les Pickstock

I remember it from the early 50's, might of been ,manufactured by Robico at one time. Roger Aultman

Les Pickstock wrote:

Reply to
Roger Aultman

I found the name Robico on the drawings sheet. Would you think that its a collectable or should it be built?

Reply to
Les Pickstock

Hello Les If it were mine I would not hesitate to build it if there was a need for it on my railroad. Plan on starting a Arvid Anderson station soon. The few structure kits that I have noticed with value are Finescale and Tom Yorke, no doubt there are others. Roger Aultman

Les Pickstock wrote:

Reply to
Roger Aultman

Want some #6 code 70 switch "kits" to go with that?

Awwww - they're not "in original box" ,g>

Reply to
Steve Caple

Arvid Anderson made quite a range of products including the Marnold Power supplies, ballast, 0 scale brass rolling stock kits, and no doubt others. Roger Aultman

Steve Caple wrote:

Reply to
Roger Aultman

Thanks for that Roger! The names are familiar from old copies of "railroader" but we don't see a lot of them here the UK. I run Burly Northern in HO on the club layout and I'm building the Oahu Railway & Land in HOn3 at home. Reckon I'll tuck the kit away until I can trade it for something I really need. Thanks again

Reply to
Les Pickstock

If you really want to build the kit, go down to the hobby shop and get the right sizes of basswood to do a copy. Other things like golt heads and so forth can often be gotten from other places like Grantline and so forth. There's a huge supply of such parts in the narrow gauge catalogs that hardly ever makes it out to the general public. In addition, metal plates of various kinds would be better made up from brass or nickle silver sheet.

Bob May

Bob You must have read my mind, I've made a backup copy of the drawings.. Unfortunately basswood isn't readily available here in the UK. I teach woodwork however, so I should be able to find a suitable substitute at work. The pieces look like perfect candidates for my Dept's new Laser cutter. The plates and such I can file out of brass shim or set up for home photo etching.

Thanks

Reply to
Les Pickstock