The End of Brass?

1997 onwards is recent enough, before then you were a protected species working? directly for a government. 20 years with the one employer, how many changes in jobs? You forgot to tell us the senior positions you held after 20 years as an expert.

As for perseveration groups, you have had a dummy spit with the powerhouse museum and of course 3801 does not want your expertise at pushing a broom any more, recent events.

Reply to
Terry Flynn

Are you now claiming to be a boiler inspector? Not much to do with wheels sliping on locomotives. As for my qualifications, again I will repeat, I have conducted numerous boiler and pressure vessle tests during my working career. This also includs tests to destruction. I have even designed pressure vessels. This does not mean I am a boiler inspector with ticket, as the boiler inspector has the legal authority to certify a pressure vessel to comply with the law. However, based on the tests I have conducted, boilers and pressure vessels have been passed by the boiler inspector. And a final point, I was offered a job as a boiler inspector about 2 years ago, which I declined. Unlike yourself, I would have little trouble in studying and passing the examination. Your extensive broom pushing expertise will not help you.

Reply to
Terry Flynn

This is good, coming from a man employed by the University of New South Wales. And who apparently only reads and responds to newsgroups on company time, and on the company account.

Mark Newton

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 14:54:08 +1000, "Terry Flynn"

That is the usual definition of slipperyness in a locomotive, how easy it is to provoke slip with the corollary that it is thus harder not to slip. Glad you have been agreeing all this time without letting on. Keith

Make friends in the hobby. Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.

Reply to
Keith Norgrove