The ultimate oxymoron

According to CNN, a Scottish packer is preparing to market haggis in the US. To suit American tastes, the product line will include VEGETARIAN HAGGIS!

Regards,

Andrew S. Miller

Andrew S. Miller

Nothing to do with choo choos, but I got to put in my 5 cents.....oxymoron top list: .customer service .military intelligence .civil war .honest politician

Howard Zane

5236 Thunder Hill Road Columbia, MD 21045
Reply to
Howard Zane

Yuk! That's about as appetizing as Soy-based Scrapple.

Reply to
Corelane

Howard You forgot a few Jumbo shrimp and my favorite, rational woman

Chooch

Reply to
chooch

cents.....oxymoron

How could you forget "On-Time Delivery" or "Postal Service"? _________________________________ Andrew Bunn Ainsley Specialized Transport bunn snipped-for-privacy@ns.sympatico.NOSPAMMERS.ca Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada

Reply to
Ainsley Specialized Transport

If it is McSweens (sp?) then their vegetarian haggis is very nice. Don't expect it to be the same as traditional haggis -- just enjoy it for what it is.

Ashley.

Reply to
Ashley Sanders

I don't "get" vegetarians. They don't want to eat meat, but they want their soy to TASTE like it.

Reply to
Brian Paul Ehni

-- Regards,

Andrew S. Miller

Andrew S. Miller

Absolute permisive block

Talk about an oxymoron.

Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

Perhaps for those customers who don't dislike meat, but rather prefer the gaseous results of soy protein.

Reply to
Steve Caple

Vegetarian is an old Indian word. It means "Poor Hunter". _________________________________ Andrew Bunn Ainsley Specialized Transport bunn snipped-for-privacy@ns.sympatico.NOSPAMMERS.ca Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada

Reply to
Ainsley Specialized Transport

No, the article comes right out in the first sentence and says that it is Stahly Quality Foods, not Charles Macsween.

Reply to
Mark Mathu

OK, translation _is_ an inexact science sometimes.

Jay CNS&M North Shore Line - "First and fastest"

Reply to
JCunington

Almost exactly...

Reply to
Dan Merkel

Rational Opinion

Reply to
Bruce Favinger

"Roger T." wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@grapevine.islandnet.com:

Sorry about that! I guess that I have lunch too often with too many liberal arts faculty members. They aren't even sure that a College of Business is appropriate for higher ed, and several of them are really far left. And, after a bunch of snide comments about Enron every day, I got a bit defensive. Of course, it is budget time, and everybody is fighting for turf. Academic politics can be some of the worst.

Reply to
Woodard R. Springstube

entry level ) affordable ) brass budget )

Wow...THREE oxymorons! :-)

Dieter Zakas

Reply to
Hzakas

Full size mini van

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

Liberal thinktank

Reply to
Joe Ellis

Careful! That's a political statement and liable to result in another useless flame war.

Interesting note though. Why _is_ it that we only hear about _conservative_ think tanks? I'm sure the liberals must have some. I'll have to google-whack it.