Train show vendors

Sure, I recall it being well documented. It makes perfect sense if you think about it. The vendor is assuming the risk by placing merchandise out for public inspection.
Another point in the article - concerning people who have fallen for the "You break it, you've bought it" scam - is that the vendor's loss is not the retail price, but the wholesale cost.
If it ever happens and you're in doubt, call a cop. The cop will tell you both that it is a civil matter, not a criminal matter, and leave.
Reply to
Spender
That's okay. None of the dealer's seemed to mind my conscientious approach. Especially when I wanted to pull a car out of the box and the plastic so I could examine both sides. It meant no fingerprints or smudges for the eventual buyer.
I guess I am pretty Monk-ish about trains. I keep my own trains as flawless as possible - dusting and cleaning them regularly when they are on the track, and keeping all others stored in a dust free environment.
I have no intention of ever selling them. But if I kick the bucket, and my son or daughter isn't interested in the hobby, my wife can get top dollar for them.
Reply to
Spender
Only if you are trying to manufacture an offense. You'd do better hijacking some sailors in international waters than riding this lame excuse.
Reply to
Paul Newhouse
If that were were the case, that, rather than a racist rant about Chinese workers ought to have been mentioned. DUH!
"I wanna go back to Dixie, Take me back to dear ol' Dixie, That's the only li'l ol' place for li'l ol' me. Old times there are not forgotten, Whuppin' slaves and sellin' cotton, And waitin' for the Robert E. Lee. (It was never there on time.)"
--Tom Lehrer
Spender wrote:
Reply to
newyorkcentralfan
Manufacture?
If one was talking about using gloves to avoid messing up a model then you would talk about that; it wouldn't occur to one to include a long rant about Chinese workers.
Doing so would be totally out of context regarding that concept. It's only makes sense in the context of being a racist launching into a bigoted diatribe about the models being infected by Chinese workers.
Paul Newhouse wrote:
Reply to
newyorkcentralfan
Ah, so you belong to the unweathered model train runners (natural or otherwise applied weathereing). :-)
Peteski
Reply to
Peter W.

Site Timeline