Train simulator programs

Quick way to make sure: On the opening screen, look on the lower right corner. Latest build is 2365. It should say:

TRS 2004 Trainz version 2.4 (build 2365)

Mike Tennent "IronPenguin"

Reply to
Mike Tennent

Pretty much; there are throttle positions where the notch will jump back and forth between two adjacent values, but I can always find a position where the notch stays steady. Still, I know what you mean - if you look at the raw data coming from the RailDriver (you can do this by downloading the free Software Development Kit from PI) there is a fair amount of fluctuation (noise) in the values even when you're not adjusting the controls.

Another somewhat surprising thing is that the headlight and wiper switches are analog.

One more thing: if the RailDriver's "engine type" doesn't match the locomotive that you're running, the throttle and other settings can jump all over the place as RailDriver and MSTS fight it out.

Reply to
Mike Brandt

Quick way to make sure: On the opening screen, look on the lower right corner. Latest build is 2365. It should say:

TRS 2004 Trainz version 2.4 (build 2365)

Mike Tennent "IronPenguin"

```````` OK, thanks. I checked and mine is ver. 2.0 (build 668), but I never got around to downloading and installing the updates as they became available..

Paul - "The CB&Q Guy" Modeling 1960's In HO.

Reply to
The CB&Q Guy

You're only about 8 upgrades behind.

They've fixed some bugs, added several features, etc.

You can do a full update from 668 to latest (Service pack 2) at:

Mike Tennent "IronPenguin"

Reply to
Mike Tennent