UP BIG BOYS (HO SCALE)

Does anyone out there model Big Boys anymore?? Quite disappointing if they don't. I have 3 of them from the 1994 era. They run fine, but have not heard anyone else talk about them.

Shawn Miller

Reply to
Red62lark

On or about Fri, 01 Aug 2003 at 06:41 GMT, Red62lark illuminated us with:

Rivarossi made so many that there are probably still quite a few new ones around to be had (though don't expect any warranty). Plus there are surely many around on the second hand market. Trix have produced a stunning one apparently. I've not seen one for real, but it is purported to be of similar quality to brass at about 1/4 to 1/2 the price of a brass model.

Reply to
Mark Ayliffe

You now have 2 choices in HO (non-brass) :

Marklin / TRIX

or

Rivarossi

Lionel is also doing an HO Challenger

msowsun

I just saw my first "real" one yesterday at the National RR Museum in Green Bay.

Un-frickin-believable.

Would like to put one on my layout, but there is neither the budget nor the space.

Maybe after the kids are gone.

Karl

Reply to
TDCLoki

Actually, I think most manufacturers claim that they will run on 18" radius curves, but they probably don't tell you how much unsightful overhang there would be at that size.

Also, I have seen several brand new Big Boys sell for $180-$200 just the past few days on eBay.

Frank Eva

Reply to
Frank Eva