Visiting Denver

Hello Everyone,
I will be visiting Denver at the end of next week. Besides 'Caboose Hobbies' is there any other train/hobby stores in the greater Denver
area that I should visit.
Thanks for any information that you provide.
Fred Ellis
--
Who do you serve. . . . And who do you trust?
(To e-mail me, remove the X from my address)

You might want to stop my Mizell's Trains at 72nd & Federal in Westminister. And I sure hope you're planning on visiting the Colorado Railroad Museum in Golden, right across from the Coors Brewery!! You can tour both of 'em in an afternoon/morning.
--
The Seabat

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot. I think they moved to a different location, but check on the Forney Transportation Museum in downtown Denver area. They have a real 4-8-8-4 UP Big Boy on display.
--
The Seabat

On Sun, 07 May 2006 02:32:00 GMT, The Seabat wrote:

Unless you like beer.
--
Steve

Who took a whiz into Fish Creek Falls (on the can): it's in the water!
Steve Caple wrote:

Does this mean to skip the Coors tour if you like beer?
Howard Garner
On Sun, 07 May 2006 13:13:19 -0400, Howard R Garner wrote:

What else? It's the beeroid product often likened to making love in a canoe, or "f---ing near water".
--
Steve

Back about 1982, after photographing the Coors locos, I took the tour. Tried one glass of what they refer to as "beer" and had a headache before I was halfway through. Ha well, what else should I expect from an American "beer? They're all like making love in a canoe anyway. :-)
-- Cheers
Roger T.
Roger T. spake thus:

Since you're not Merkin, you probably don't remember this, but back when I was a kid ('60s), Coors beer had a great mystique--at least to us in the Midwest, as it was only sold in the West at that time. So I remember finally getting a taste of this mythical stuff (we used to vacation in Colorado every summer); man, what a disappointment *that* was.
You used to be able to bring it back east and sell it for exorbitant prices.
--
Pierre, mon ami. Jetez encore un Scientologiste
dans le baquet d'acide.

Reply address is deliberately munged.
Back to your original question you will thoroughly enjoy Caboose Hobbies. My first reaction when I walked in the door was "Holy S___"
Carter

Carter Braxton wrote:

Strange, that was my reaction when I first visited Caboose Hobbies back in 1992. This is my second visit. I'm taking a friend along who has not been there.
Fred Ellis
--
Who do you serve. . . . And who do you trust?
(To e-mail me, remove the X from my address)
I would like to thank those who responded to my post with information about Denver. For those of you who responded with OT chatter, please take it somewhere else.
Fred Ellis