Visiting Denver

Hello Everyone,

I will be visiting Denver at the end of next week. Besides 'Caboose Hobbies' is there any other train/hobby stores in the greater Denver area that I should visit.

Thanks for any information that you provide.

Fred Ellis

Reply to
Fred Ellis

If you're an N-scaler, you gotta go to N-scale Supply

5024 Kipling St. Wheat Ridge, CO 80033

Val

Reply to
VManes

You might want to stop my Mizell's Trains at 72nd & Federal in Westminister. And I sure hope you're planning on visiting the Colorado Railroad Museum in Golden, right across from the Coors Brewery!! You can tour both of 'em in an afternoon/morning.

Reply to
The Seabat

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot. I think they moved to a different location, but check on the Forney Transportation Museum in downtown Denver area. They have a real 4-8-8-4 UP Big Boy on display.

Reply to
The Seabat

Unless you like beer.

Reply to
Steve Caple

Does this mean to skip the Coors tour if you like beer?

Howard Garner

Reply to
Howard R Garner

What else? It's the beeroid product often likened to making love in a canoe, or "f---ing near water".

Reply to
Steve Caple

Back about 1982, after photographing the Coors locos, I took the tour. Tried one glass of what they refer to as "beer" and had a headache before I was halfway through. Ha well, what else should I expect from an American "beer? They're all like making love in a canoe anyway. :-)

-- Cheers

Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

Roger T. spake thus:

Since you're not Merkin, you probably don't remember this, but back when I was a kid ('60s), Coors beer had a great mystique--at least to us in the Midwest, as it was only sold in the West at that time. So I remember finally getting a taste of this mythical stuff (we used to vacation in Colorado every summer); man, what a disappointment *that* was.

You used to be able to bring it back east and sell it for exorbitant prices.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

MAJOR SNIPS

Which is why Nebenzahl (and a few of his right wing analogs) long ago entered my kill file. Its shame though that I still have to read his political screeds here when folks reply without trimming.

Reply to
Jim McLaughlin

Back to your original question you will thoroughly enjoy Caboose Hobbies. My first reaction when I walked in the door was "Holy S___"

Carter

Reply to
Carter Braxton

Strange, that was my reaction when I first visited Caboose Hobbies back in 1992. This is my second visit. I'm taking a friend along who has not been there.

Fred Ellis

Reply to
Fred Ellis

I would like to thank those who responded to my post with information about Denver. For those of you who responded with OT chatter, please take it somewhere else.

Fred Ellis

Reply to
Fred Ellis