What a shame, I see nothing has changed in here :(

once a nice group to visit and find infomation and help........ now just another Group thats off topic and corrupt with hot heads ......
what a useless waste of time and resources. Its Very sad... sad indeed maybe in a year or two this will return to Rec.models.railroad again until then...... seeeeeeeeeee ya
On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 17:07:05 -0800, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

It always makes me laugh when I see a guy complaining about how this used to be a better place without even the whisper of an attempt to make it better. He's probably not a troll, just wants to be "railroaded" by on topic posts without having to contribute. -- Ray
instead replied:

Hey you two goofballs: Eddie had a serious question about installing a MRC decoders in an Athearn F7 -- and he posted that *before* either of you rum-dums posted your "TROLL" and "without having to contribute" messages.
So give him a break. He deserves it... he's added more to the discussion in RMR in the past four days than you guys have done in the same time.
On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 19:05:19 -0500, "E. T. Atkins"

Don't let the door hit ya in the ass on your way out!
--

The Seabat
GoogleGroups filtered with extreme prejudice.
"E. T. Atkins" wrote:

Post a question about something you want to learn.
On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 20:46:01 -0600, The Seabat

S/he obviously missed the post offering 859 photos of "Sexy Shania Twain" :)
Dale
On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 19:40:24 -0800, I said, "Pick a card, any card"

Ach! And I thought it was Shania Train. My bad.
Elmer Fudd forever! -- Ray
Ray Haddad wrote:

That would have been Shania Twain.
Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired

Oh dear...
http://dict.die.net/pun /
On Tue, 13 Nov 2007 13:23:38 +0900, Ray Haddad wrote:

That reminds me - they just ran Burt Lambaster in The Train the other day. Lots of great train and rail shots, even if Euro prototype.
--
Steve

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 23:43:05 -0800, Steve Caple

Great movie. I watched it a couple nights ago.
Ken

Don't waste your time here. It will never change. Go to www.trains.com There are plenty of forums.
On Nov 14, 6:24 am, snipped-for-privacy@netscape.net wrote:

And a terrible, verging on unusable interface that plagues every other web forum...

I left just a few days after they switched to that new forum software. It's terrible! Bad UIs will persuade me to leave a website faster than just about anything else.
Puckdropper

snipped-for-privacy@charter.net writes:

Other than a couple regulars who constantly yell at each other ON TOPIC, what are you talking about? The attacks have pretty much stopped. *
like corkscrews.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------020607080003000303070608 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
I came into the Group after a long time of absense and I see these Guys cutting each other down and it reminded me of why I left the Group a while back. You see I once was a regular here. Does the name John Dalton or the haggis ring a bell ? Thats for the person thinking I am a troll. Once John passed away this group went haywire and I left. It seemed to me the other night that nothing had changed when I came in. Thats why I made my comment. And as for the person who said the MRC decoders suck..... I agree... but I have returned the lemons and had them repraced with good ones from MRC and I have to use these in something sense I couldnt get my money back just a replacement.
PV wrote:

--------------020607080003000303070608 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
--------------020607080003000303070608--
On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 22:06:48 -0500, "E. T. Atkins"

<<<<<HTML stripped>>>>>
Well, I guess since you've been gone so long that you forgot that these are text only newsgroups. Binaries and HTML aren't acceptable in this forum.
--

The Seabat
GoogleGroups filtered with extreme prejudice.

Either he forgot or he's using net ploy # 4: "I was on Usenet before the invention of the computer".

No... ... that was John Sheridan's vanity, not John Dalton's.
You Are right.... my memory failed me. Sorry about that. anyways I've got the answers I needed off another Group in Yahoo. Thanks for all your help bye