Working With Unitrack

Hi guys,
I just started to build an N-Scale layout with Unitrack. I love the
Unitrack, it works great. I'd like some ides for securing it to my
foam board without glue. It doesn't seem like glue would work well,
since it is basically hollow under the unitrack. Is there another way
to fasten it to foamboard? I see some holes on the bottom, but there
is no place to put a nail through on top!
Thanks,
Cannonball
Reply to
Cannonball
Kato has some recommendations on their website
. On the home page, click on "UniTrack" at top center, then find FAQs on the left. -- Bill McC.
Reply to
Bill McCutcheon
I used track nails to hold down my Unitrack. I punched through the holes on the bottom. My base is a double layer of 1/4" foam core project board.
Reply to
Ken Rice
"Cannonball" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:
How about double-face tape, like carpet tape?
Reply to
Norman Morgan
love the
to my
well,
another way
there
Actually, a bead of low temp 'hot melt' glue along the edges works quite well. And a thin bladed putty knife run underneath will pop it loose if you ever need to move things around down the road.
Len Head Rust Scraper KL&B Eastern Lines RR Museum
Reply to
Len
I use little dabs of 2 part, 5 minute epoxy along the edges. Maybe 1 dab every 18" or so. Holds well and pops right off with a knife for re-doing the track. The scenery hides it well.
Reply to
pickle
Thanks for all the suggestions guys!!!
Cannonball
Reply to
Cannonball
Just have fun, unitrack is good. I used into my stint with N-scale.
John
Reply to
John Franklin