1000 Engine Query

Russel Gilbert in Oz has asked me what the engine is in my photo

I cannot remember. Can anyone recognise it for him please?

Reply to
Dave Croft

photo

Unfortunatly I cannot remember. Can anyone recognise it for him please?

Warrington

Hi Dave i think it's a Globe gas engine and very nice it was too.

Regards Gary M

Reply to
gary millward

Warrington

Thanks Gary, Patrick Knight just told me off list that it is a Globe made by Pollock, Whyte & Waddel. Its in his book A to Z of British Engines V2 P51. I have a bound copy of both volumes & well worth the money!

Reply to
Dave Croft

photo

Unfortunatly I cannot remember. Can anyone recognise it for him please?

Warrington

Without doubt the engine is a 'Globe' made in Glasgow, last I saw it was at the Tom Rolt Rally May bank holiday

Reply to
Bob