Back up and running

Gentlemen,
Assuming I still have a load of good friends :-)) could you all forward me
your email addresses please as I have had to reboot my computer which has
reformatted the entire harddrive.
Martin P
Reply to
campingstoveman
This is obviously phishing. I know the real Martin Perman and he's sure to have backed up all his data.
John :-)
Reply to
John
All the important stuff is on a sepereate external hard drive but emails were in the main computer.
Martin P
This is obviously phishing. I know the real Martin Perman and he's sure to have backed up all his data.
John :-)
Reply to
campingstoveman
You mean you suffered a software corruption or hardware failure, and following a re-format of the OS drive, you subsequently had to re-install the OS ???
:-)
Tim.
Reply to
Tim..
Software corruption. All safeties in place but still got hit by something.
Martin P
Reply to
campingstoveman
What I normally try first is to set the drive up as a slave HDD on another machine, which usually allows you to get the data off.
90's Fahrenheit yesterday, going to Fry's Electronics this morning to get a new motherboard and processor for No2 son, 1Tb drives are less than $US 200 now....
Peter
Reply to
Listerdiesel
£57 + vat here, less than $200 ;-)