Back up and running

Gentlemen,

Assuming I still have a load of good friends :-)) could you all forward me your email addresses please as I have had to reboot my computer which has reformatted the entire harddrive.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

This is obviously phishing. I know the real Martin Perman and he's sure to have backed up all his data.

John :-)

Reply to
John

All the important stuff is on a sepereate external hard drive but emails were in the main computer.

This is obviously phishing. I know the real Martin Perman and he's sure to have backed up all his data.

John :-)

Reply to
campingstoveman

You mean you suffered a software corruption or hardware failure, and following a re-format of the OS drive, you subsequently had to re-install the OS ???

:-)

Tim.

Reply to
Tim..

Software corruption. All safeties in place but still got hit by something.

Reply to
campingstoveman

What I normally try first is to set the drive up as a slave HDD on another machine, which usually allows you to get the data off.

90's Fahrenheit yesterday, going to Fry's Electronics this morning to get a new motherboard and processor for No2 son, 1Tb drives are less than $US 200 now....

Peter

Reply to
Listerdiesel

£57 + vat here, less than $200 ;-)