Small Compressor

Hello all, I have just aquired a rather unusual little compressor. It is made by Bullows. The power is from a two stroke Vincent engine laying on its side powering a hydrovane compressor below it. Does anyone have any information on this little unit, i.e. date manufactured, used for or anything at all. Pics can be found here:-

Cheers, MartinH

Reply to
snaky121

A certain Viking will pop up very soon I should think with some info.

Reply to
campingstoveman

I've seen quite a few examples of the compressor with an electric motor, and Vincent '75' engines turn up from time to time. But this is probably only the second time I've seen the two together outside the pages of SEM, and it certainly makes a very pretty little unit with the finning on the engine being a natural match for that on the compressor.

With the silly prices being asked for the engines recently (see 'keeps me amused' thread) this should should be worth a fortune with a bit of canny marketing - what better way to inflate the tyres on your Black Shadow!

Nick H

Reply to
Nick H

Nice bit of kit & although I've seen brochures with them illustrated, I'd not seen a picture of a survivor. Can't help with info, but Internal Fire may have something in their archive.

regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Thanks all, I will take it to the closing Sunday at the Anson, you never know, someone may have all the answers !!!

Cheers, MartinH

Reply to
mh121