Beds steam rally

Gentlemen,
Disregarding the efforts of a friend of mine, I have to say that the engine
display at one of the largest steam rally's in the uk was crap. 23 entries
and not all there and nothing special. I did not take one picture.
The tractors and stationary engines packed in one little area so the hot fog
lot could play where they liked.
Martin P
Reply to
Campingstoveman
Martin,
That explains the display that we have at the Peterborough Farm Marchinery Society's do at Casterton near Stamford - only a handful of exhibitors but several nice stationary engine exhibits complementing a magnificent display of pre 1930 tractors, all working. Pictures tomorrow hopefully when I have time. If you are in the area on Sunday it's worth a look...
Regards
Dan
Reply to
Dan Howden
How many of them were yours?
Reply to
Andy H
None as I dont rally where I or the hobby are not wanted.
Martin P
Andy H wrote:
Reply to
Campingstoveman
I agree with Martin, I attended as a visitor after a 2 year break. The layout was very different and many classes were very diminished but the engines in particular.
Even the "trade" stalls were poor and one trader we talked to said that he'd been attending for 8 years and this was the worst one he had been to.
Even the "hot fog" were dispersed all over the place, there seemed to be no sense of order.
I shall not bother with the 260 mile round trip next year.
Fred
Reply to
Fred
A very revealing reply perhaps?