Books

Sad to report that my favourite bookshop in Crewkerne is closing down shortly. We seem to be losing a lot of bookshops :-) Impact of Ebay? ...and talking of Ebay, is it just me or is it in bits at the moment. B-All seems to work!!!! regards Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Has been OK for me all day Roland.

In message , Roland and Celia Craven writes

Reply to
George Hendry

Roland - EBay fine here.

Talking to my pet smaller booksellers, they are happy with eBay. Gives them an outlet for the good items they find. One local shop who know much more than I about modern fiction |(not difficult ...) picked up a small volume at car boot 3 weeks back for 50p, & sold it as a scarce first on eBay for =A3265. They were well pleased.

Especially true if u are in the sticks with a limited local market for the 48 weeks of the year when tourists don't need a book to read 'cos it's=20 wet ......

Colin

Reply to
Colin