Do we made a mark?

I was playing with the new Widows local/live aerial photo program which works better in England than the other 2 programs.
I tried looking at the site of the 1000 engine rally & saw the picture below. http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cpS.261414~-2.279856&style=h&lvl  I doubt this was taken this week so it must have been taken shortly after a previous years rally. I think it is the 1000 as the Astle steam rally had the engines in a different place. What do you think?
--
Dave Croft
Warrington

below.
http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cpS.261414~-2.279856&style=h&lvl
a previous years rally.

different place.

Don't know about 'making a mark' but thanks for the heads up on this service - everybody in the office has now stopped work to look for their houses!
--

Nick H

If you drag yourself eastwards to the tip of Kent, look for "Herne Common" & look in the biggest patch of woodland, bordering the A291 to the west, you can clearly see the Saxon site's earthwork, brown against the green.
Regards,
Kim Siddorn

Hi Bob, Well spotted, the Welland site is at http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&cpR.061848~-2.284062&style=a&lvl &cidB03C1C971C5FEEB!115 It doesn't seem as big as it was 10 years ago when I used to attend. If you want to post sites to the list go to share then E mail. Copy the address it gives as an address & print this as part of your list post. Don't try to send it directly to the list.
--
Dave Croft
Warrington

Have you tried Google Earth?
http://earth.google.com /
Alan.
Hi... heres an intertesting one , i navigated to where my mate has been living for about 5 years and his house is just being built, so that part of the map is at least that age so maybe the map is actually 4 years old at least
regards rob

The pictures of my village are also at least 4 years old since they show vehicles in my paddock that are not mine.
Greg
I've just done the same thing on Google earth, my drive is clear of vehicles etc and that has not been like that for six years.
Martin P

This bears out my secondary thoughts too - several views of Bristol are fossils & seem to be about six years old.
Further, now I come to look more closely at the surroundings, our Saxon site I found in Kent is in the wrong place & I now realise it is our neighbour's beaver pond enclosure! Our site is still woodland & this was cleared in March 2001.
So, we ought to assume that the Astle Park image shows the site as it was this time in the year 2000?
Regards,
Kim Siddorn
Diplomacy done, plates spun, fires fought, maidens eaten - well, three out of four ain't bad

On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 09:00:01 +0100, "Kim Siddorn"

There is something mysterious about it.
The view doesn't show an extension on my completed in 1977, on my next door neighbour's completed in 1979 but does show the major alterations to another neighbour's house completed in the late 1980 early 1990s.
Also visible (but make undeterminable) is a red car on my drive. I have had only two red cars, 1979 to 1984 and September 1989 to July 2002.
I give up!
-- cerberus