Lister SR3 engine on Biodiesel

Hello

I have bought a narrowboat with a Lister SR3 engine in it.

Does anyone have experience of running this on Biodiesel

My Pug 406 runs great on my home brew, and was wondering if it would upset the Lister.

Obviously the rubber bits would be an issue but easy to change for synthetic parts, but otherwise any reason not to?

I know it will need winterising when it is cold. My car does, but

5-10% unleaded petrol does that just fine.

Biggles

Reply to
Biggles