Harrison oil level sightglasses

Two questions please: First, does anyone have a source for sightglasses as fitted to check oil levels on a Harrison M250 headstock & gearbox ? Harrison's themselves or else who? Second, can they be removed & replaced without dismantling the whole caboose?

"New" lathe has only the apron sightglass capable of passing light! The other two are gummed up &/or scratched, so the levels are not visible.

----------------------------------------------------------- snipped-for-privacy@boltblue.com

jrlloyd

In message , snipped-for-privacy@boltblue.com writes

RS sell them. At least threaded ones. I've used to M16 ones in a product I make.

Wayne....

Reply to
Wayne Weedon

Hi the oil sightglasses that I have on machines always have either a large nut with the glass in and to change it you just unscrew it or a ring with countersunk screws in again you just undo it nick

Reply to
Nick Holden

The lubricator sight-glasses in the powerhouses used to gain an opaque film if not cleaned regularly. We used to clean the "varnish" off the inside of the glasses with paint thinner. JW²

Reply to
JW²

Colin Ager Emailed me off list with the following link:-

Which is exactly the item. I had just found the Harrison spares site & emailed them as well. I am not used to my machine manufacturers still being in business!!! ( Drummond, Kerry , Dronsfields) Harrisons price is £3.97 each but a min order of £20