Help!!

Hi, Does anyone know where I can get a copy of A PATH TO THE DOOR - The Complete Lister Petter History? Thankyou very much

Andy

Reply to
Petaman

Hi, Does anyone know where I can get a copy of A PATH TO THE DOOR - The Complete Petter History? Thankyou very much

Andy

Reply to
Petaman

ISBN 0750910062

Couple of copies on the net, but expensive and both in the USA.

It's not a complete history, but still worth getting hold of IMO.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Peter, I wonder how it compares to "Lister's The First Hundred Years"? In this book the Petter book is described as a companion volume. I was pretty disapointed with the Lister book, so gave the Petter volume a miss. However, I see they are by different authors, so I may be unfair in my pre-judging. The Lister book is far too non-technical for my liking, you don't learn very much about their engines at all.

There is also the Petter history booklet sold by David Edgington, not sure what this is like, but it dates from the 1930's, so very much out of date.

Peter Short

I have all three, and once you have read them you tend not to go back again unless you need a snippet of information. The two books that were on the web were £60+ and £101+ respectively, which is silly money in my view.

If Sutton don't do a reprint then they will only increase in value.

Peter

Peter A Forbes