Humphrey pump

While looking for some info on trembler coils I tripped over this:-

Seen them in old text books but I didn't realise any had actually survived - wonder what it would take to get one up and running again!

NHH

Reply to
NHH

And an all too short clip of one actually in operation:-

NHH

Reply to
NHH

I believe there is - or was - a giant version of this design on the Murray River in Oz.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
kimsiddorn

Is that where the Cobdogla Irrigation & Steam Museum in the second link is? I reckon the Lee Valley one should be restored as part of the 2012 Olimpric thingy - far more interesting than the planned running,jumping and standing still show ;-)

NHH

Reply to
NHH

Humphrey pumps hey what. I think they were only used for pumping milk in the UK.

Watch out theirs a Humphrey about...

Reply to
<rattymonkey

Wow - that's going back a bit!

NHH

Reply to
NHH

And I still go to work on an egg!

All the best

Reply to
<rattymonkey

I read that as "pumping from the UK", which raised all sorts of interesting concepts of under-sea milk pipelines...

Reply to
Jules