Kettering vintage rally

Gentlemen,

Went to Kettering Rally for a few hours yesterday, a nice do if I say so. Pictures in usual place. Look out for the two special engines, no bodges genuine engines, tell me what you see.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Little OT but what's this?

Cheers, Scruff.

camp> Gentlemen,

Reply to
scruffybugger

Little OT but what's this?

Cheers, Scruff.

camp> Gentlemen,

Reply to
scruffybugger

Its a crawler sitting on the back of a trailer actually, its RAF markings would say its either for runway repairs or towing aircraft with and it does not appear in the program.

Reply to
campingstoveman

Gentlemen,

Has nobody spotted the unusual engines.

Reply to
campingstoveman

Sorry, I tried and I tried but gave eventually up - do tell.

Reply to
mark.howard10

Hate to say it again, Martin, but I find the whole Webshots thing a bit of a mess to try and navigate through, and the moving adverts are a big distraction as well.

I just had a look for your pic's, and while I can find GDSF and other stuff, I cannot find any structure to the site for finding specific sections or members.

I did find the (Merchant Navy?) rebuilt Bulleid Pacific (at GDSF?)

I am sure that regular users can quickly jump around from album to album, but for my part I found it hard going and gave up after a while :-((

At least I could find things on the old Webshots and the adverts were not as intrusive, but this new one is not good for me.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Mark,

I will let a few others, hopefully, have a look then reveal all on Saturday. Off to Glasgow and Edinburgh tomorrow.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Must admit I can't see anything too unusual. The only one that does seem a bit different is Pictures 3/4. I can't remember seeing a Lister D running on gas before but that's more likely to be due to my limited experience.

Reply to
Fred

I don't get any adverts, stationary or in motion. Might it be because I'm a member? Dunno.

I spotted two Norman flatties, a T600 & T300 back to back on the same trolley - good idea! I could do likewise & if I could find some SC pushrods, get a single in between them for good measure! I bet I wouldn't need to cool it, either ........

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Time flies like an arrow Fruit flies like a banana

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Excellent idea! If you lined them all up, you could arrange a belt drive between them and use the T300 to start the T600 and SC thereby avoiding the apparently inevitable broken arm syndrome! :)

Reply to
mark.howard10

Now THAT is a good idea - good thought!

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Mark Howard Wrote -

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

It's at the forefront of my mind at the moment! (Planning to fire up the T600 this weekend)

Reply to
mark.howard10

The ST flat twin must be the easiest starting engine I've ever owned - three revolutions & its running.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Gentlemen,

Fred,

Spotted it with the Lister D but missed the large Ruston PB, both running on gas. The owner of the D said his engine had been converted after it was made and had paperwork from its original owner to show the Mod, I could not speak to the Ruston owner but the look of the castings said it was a factory job.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman