Mystery object.

Anyone like to have a crack at identifying this little object that I have
just dug up in my garden? It appears to be a lubricator of sorts, but for
what exactly? It is 1" long and 1" high and the "Screw-cap" (?) is 11/16"
diameter. Although there appears to be rust present, no part of it responds
to a strong magnet.The "sealing-ring" in the lower part appears to be
leather. See object at:-

Charles Hamilton
As We are only a "Jot and a Tittle" away from Kirkbride Airfield and 2 others ( Great Orton and Silloth) which were all operational during the "Hostilities" I'd love to think that it had a connection!
Reply to
Charles Hamilton