New Arrival

I have just returned from picking up another toy to play with. It is a Stuart Turner P4. When running it is very smokey and there is alot of oil dripping from the copper tube in the base of the exhaust pot. The engine does not seem to be 2 cycling very well either, although it runs ok when you turn the fuel tap off, suggesting too much fuel. Has the fuel had too much oil added or is there any other reason for the oil from the exhaust pot?? I have the original paperwork with a bill of sale for 1937 and also work done to it over the years. Also in the deal were a later type P4 with no piston, exhaust, carb or magneto. This seems to be in good condition and I will try and source the parts for it. There was an S-T pump aswell, to run as a show set-up Will get some pics up tomorrow.

Cheers, MartinH

Reply to
martin hirst