Norman model SC Do you have a handbook?

My friend Peter Lowe in Oz is looking for a manual or for someone to copy one for him. I did own a SC many years ago but never owned the manual. Can anyone help please.

Reply to
Dave Croft

I'll second that! Having just bought an SC to bolster my growing Norman collection, I would greatly appreciate a manual too (Internal Fire don't seem to have one).

With the exception of the bike engines and the marine variants, my Norman collection is now only short of a 'D' (or Bungalyte) - anyone have one of those at the back of their engine shed?

Regards

Mark

Mark_Howard

Think I've got a manual for an SC somewhere. If I have I will let you know. Should be able to copy it and scan it as a pdf on the machine at work next week.

Mark, Have you a Norman 1B diesel (built by the Bradford Co.)? If so I would be interested in some pics. I managed to own all of the others at various points (I restored that SC that was on Ebay last week!), but never managed to find a diesel.

Regards

Dan

Reply to
Dan Howden

If possible, I'd like to get a PGF of the manual too.

Also, if there is anyone on the List with any SC spares, I need pushrods & a few other bits.

The one on ebay fetched better money than I'd have expected.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Life may begin at 30, but it doesn't get interesting until you're doing 90.

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Damn, I knew there was one I had forgotten! Sorry I don't have a 1B and have never even seen one - another one to add to the list!

The SC looks like a very nice restoration - I will see it first hand in the next week or so :)

Mark

Mark_Howard

It went for more than I expected as well! Still, after much sole searching and grappling with the holder of the purse strings, recklessness won the day by an uncomfortable margin and I am soon to be it's new owner. That's the wonderful thing about auctions, things are only worth what someone is prepared to pay for them and the other b*****r was prepared to pay too much! :)

Considering that they seem to have made so many of them (from the serial numbers it looks as though they made more than the Mk1 T300) SC's, complete and anywhere near functional seem to be like the proverbial rocking horse pooh.

Perhaps they don't appeal to collectors as much as the twins and so not so many have survived in captivity.

Mark

Mark_Howard

Like the Bernard Marchal singles, they have a definitely motorcycley air to them & I think this keeps up their value.

I agree that you don't see many of them, though.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies prefer a banana

Reply to
Kim Siddorn