OT - Bikes with silly engines

They're engines, and I'm not brave enough to try them when moving.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Thanks for this link, Andy. Love the 7cyl radial ;-)

Gyppo

Reply to
J D Craggs

Having riden an inline BMW boxer of a mere 750cc, I still remembre the torque reaction. These must be many times worse. Blip the throttle and fall over!

John

Reply to
John

Just remembered, the american produce a bike called the Boss Hoss.

502bhp and 567lbft from 8200cc V8. Yes 8.2 LITRES!!!! Weight is a mere 1300lbs dry.
?CID=386797417.663814 The fuel consumption is 13-18mpg. The 8.5 gal tank means a stop about every 100 miles so it's not even a long distance machine. There are probably places in US where the gas stations are more than that apart. For a road test see here.

John

Reply to
John