OT: But I think of interest

Gentlemen,

I have just come back, late last night, from another week in Italy this time on a Fanuc Robotics training course and thought you might like to see pictures of the Robots of today. Pictures in the usual place.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

These aren't proper robots. Real robots look like the ones on Fireball XL5 and Lost in Space and talk in funny nasaly voices.

The presence of robots on a modern production facility makes a permit to work system essential. On false key stroke on a remote PC and a fitters head is removed. They may be ultra efficient, no sickness or maternty leave, but their conversation is very limited.

John

Reply to
John Manders

Here's a conundrum for you John, in Blackpool one of the rides is a seat bolted to the arm of an industrial robot .How do you operate a permit to work for that.

the way I have had several years working with these kinds of machines and know the permit to work system backwards and I have experienced the pain of being hit by one at a show in front of several visitors. No serious injury but did I bleed and that came about not from a PTW but by complaisancy on my part.

Martin P

John Manders wrote:

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Reply to
CHARLES HAMILTON

Czech !

"robota" meaning "mindless task" in a rather derogatory manner. "robotnik" might have also been created at the same time, but it would have been seen as a deliberate insult, not just a synonym for "workman".

Reply to
Andy Dingley