OT: Something different again

Gentlemen,

How many of you take note of companies names. For instance whilst on the bus from Terminal 1 to the car park last night I spotted a large pick up with RENTEQ on its side which I found an odd name until I spotted their business, Traffic Management Systems i.e. ie Traffic lights, cones, road works signs so now write RENT E Q :-)) There is a company in Milton Keynes who transport Sewage and have the following printed on their vehicle sides SHI****FTERS the stars are part of the name. I would like to here of others please.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

CHARLES HAMILTON

Charles, The company I work for use Knights for moving our equipment and unfortunately the Firm of Knights originated from a village in Northamptonshire called Old around the turn of the century moving goods with horses.

Mart> There are two contract gardening firms in Cumbria with very apt

Reply to
Campingstoveman

we had an automotive engineering company in bristol called...."piston broke".................something i have been many times..... :-)

chris

Reply to
chris down

Would be interesting to hear how they answer the phone ?

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Apparently when it rings they pick it up....::-T

Reply to
Andrew

Reply to
CHARLES HAMILTON

Charles, Sorry miss-understanding, the name is not contrived like the others its genuine in the sense of thats where they started.

Mart> Which is about 6 miles from Kettering.yes?

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Many would say that "Microsoft Works" is a contradiction. A retail outlet I used to see had a sign outside for some time advertising "Ladders - 30% off". I never did enquire.

John

Reply to
John Manders

Off what!

Martin P :-))

John Manders wrote:

Reply to
Campingstoveman

That's what I never asked.

There was a farm on the same journey (commuting) that advertised "Manure DIY". I assumed the D was for Dig. Again, never asked.

John

Reply to
John Manders

There is a local plumbing company here "Drain Surgeons"

Reply to
Peter Short

"John Manders" wrote (snip):-

We used to be blessed with an ice cream van proudly emblazoned "Mr. Stiffy". Again, probably best not to ask!

Reply to
Nick H

Possibly related to "Mister Whippy" that was around many years ago.

John

Reply to
John Manders

My old mate Steve at PistonBroke just answered the phone to me by saying "Piston Broke Engineering". I've known him for twenty years & it's positively ages since it was a double take - funny how you get used to things ;o))

regards,

Kim Siddorn.

Post hoc, ergo propter hoc!

Reply to