OT: but of interest I hope

Well speaking as a biker of some 26 years I've never been hit by a volvo, they just aren't quick enough I s'pose, some have tried mind you

Reply to
Andy H

The cost of dealer repairs frightens me a bit with some of these vehicles, the days of fixing your own are long gone unless you run something pre-1990's.

Having got our van back yesterday I put 300 miles on it to see if the new box was OK, and apart from being stiff on the gearchange it was nicely quiet again, a blessed relief!

Whatever the thoughts of the OP on Renaults, there is no comparison at all with the Astra (which is just coming up to 3 years old) or the Movano/Master we had last, it is vastly better in almost all respects, and so much more comfortable to run a long journey in.

Peter

Peter A Forbes