OT GDSF car parks, a warning.....if genuine.

Whilst killing time in the wee small hours I have come across the following on the GDSF message board dated August 16th.

Quote: I've just received the 'final instructions' letter from the organisers with the usual notices but with one change that is worth noting regarding the public car parks.
"Please note that the public car parks will be closed between 3am and 7am. Any vehicles in the car parks during this time WILL BE WHEEL CLAMPED." (Their capital letters)
If correct, there's also bound to be an extortionate "clamp removal" fee. I have only ever seen a small number of vehicles that use the car parks as an overnight stop (for whatever reason)so do we have another case of using a "sledgehammer to crack a walnut" scenario?
As Martin P is the only contributor to the NG that I know is exhibiting can he confirm if the above statement is also in his paperwork. Regards
JohnR

John,
I think this is always the case - last year it was 20 quid to remove clamps.
Regards
Chris Bedo

Ive just read through all the paperwork I have for dorset and it makes no mention of night time wheel clamps at all.
Martin P " whose Two week hols started at 12:45 friday 27/08/04 yippee"
Its always been the case, release fee was 20 quid last year.
Regards
Chris Bedo

Thanks for the replies guys. 20 is not as bad as some of these wheel clamping firms charge elsewhere. What I still cannot understand is why? Apart from the odd years when work has prevented I have exhibited at every GDSF since 1986 and have never seen the number of vehicles overnighting in the car parks to warrant such actions. IMHO the greater problem lies with keeping certain members of the "travelling community" at bay who use the show to increase their worth at others expense.
Regards
JohnR