Watermota K2

SEM hit the doormat this morning and has a full page ad. from Preston Steam Services. They are offering a Watermota K2, something which rather appeals to me. I gave them a call - £1750 - gulp - I think I'll leave that for someone else!

Reply to
Nick H

Nick H

Nick, (purely for educational purposes only) did you get their asking prices for any of the other stuff?

It does one good to be reminded of one's poverty on occasion :-).

Regards, Arthur G

Reply to
Arthur G

No, I spluttered "thank you" and put the 'phone down!

Reply to
Nick H

Don't bother. They have a well deserved reputation for raising prices in the steam world and seem also to have entered the IC market now. The sellers are happy of course...... regards Roland

prices for any of the other stuff?

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Most of their stuff seems to be large open crank exotica which, like hot fog, doesn't really attract me anyway (ie they can do what they like with the prices!).

It has to be admitted that I am something of a dilettante and 'my' sort of engine is something that; can be picked up without too much financial commitment, will prove distracting for a period of time either as a restoration project, stimulus for some historical research, or even just to tinker with, and which can then be tucked away at the back of the shed until perhaps an interesting swap comes along. I rather thought the Watermota might fall into that class (I'm sure I've seen the singles for under a couple of hundred quid) but clearly not.

Reply to
Nick H

I've got a single cylinder Watermota. Does this mean its worth six hundred quid? Goodness me, I'm glad I kept it all these years ;o))

Actually, it's getting close to the top of my Things to Do list.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn,

Reply to
J K Siddorn