OT - round section drive belt sought

My father-in-law's little milling machine (Dore-Westbury?) has shed its drive belt. This is round section, 48" circumference and 1/4" diameter and appears to be made from rubberized canvas. Anyone have any suggestions for a stockist or supplier?

TIA

Pete

Reply to
Peter Scales

Try a search on 'Roundthane'. P T-E came up with a source for this a while ago but I can't find it now.

Reply to
Nick H

I think it's called Redthane.

tried it once on a tractor with a front mounted hydraulic pump. It's a swine to join and stretches forever.

John

Reply to
John Manders

Wyko mention it on their Web site

't know any more details. Presumably other bearing/belt suppliers could help.

John

Reply to
John Manders

|Wyko mention it on their Web site |

|Don't know any more details. Presumably other bearing/belt suppliers could |help.

Is there a branch of Swan Bearings anywhere near you? They sold just such items some years ago. I used one on my then veteran Burco tumbler dryer. When I scrapped it I kept the belts and motor, but unfortunately I cannot find the belt, which was about the dimensions you gave, in the collection of useful things in my garage.

Reply to
use_reply_to_address_but_not

Thanks to all who replied - it seems likely that the belt in question was a Cordex type, made by Dawsons. Dawsons no longer do a 6mm dia belt and have scrapped their 6mm moulds! The nearest size available is 8mm in batches of 36 at about a tenner a belt...

I feel a new set of pulleys and V or Polygrip belts coming on, myself.

Regards

Pete

Reply to
Peter Scales