OT: something different

Gentlemen,

Did something a bit different yesterday. A good friend of mine retires in about three weeks and he is moving to Brancaster Staithe in Norfolk to a Bungalow so that he and his girlfriend can move in together, he has sold his house in Olney and bought the Bungalow in Brancaster where his lady already lives. My friend has buillt 5 in and 7.25 in gauge locomotives both of which I have spent many an hour driving and firing. Friday night we loaded my van and trailer with all his machine tools, hands tools, bench and anything else I could safely load and yesterday my wife and I left home at 09:30 to make the 100 mile journey to North Norfolk. My wife and I both like this area of the country and we wouldnt mind movng there ourselves when retirement comes, it took us two and a half hours to get there and another couple of hours unloading and storing in the new garage. We then went to his girlfriends for an excellent late lunch and around five o'clock I decided I wanted some fresh crabs for my Sunday tea so off to Wells next the Sea, at this point I must say that since my wife was issued with a Blue Badge for her problems parking a van and trailer is a doddle even though we still abide by the rules of the game. A nice ride home in the late evening sun got us home for 20:00, during this coming week I am back over to Olney to pick a Band Saw that my friend has donated for a small sum to my collection of machinery. Looking forward to the fresh crab salad this evening and crab sandwiches for lunch tomorrow.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Charles Hamilton

Charles, Until we moved to Cople Bedford, we lived in Suffolk and took my mum many times, its worth another visit though. martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 16:49:41 +0100, "Charles Hamilton" finished tucking into their plate of fish, chips and mushy peas. Wiping their mouths, they swigged the last of their cup of tea, paid the bill and wrote::

I've got that on an LP, somewhere in the garage loft. That organ has the most fantastically quick action I've ever heard!

Brian L Dominic

Web Site:

Newsgroup readers should note that the reply-to address is NOT read: To email me, please send to brian(dot)dominic(at)tiscali(dot)co(dot)uk

Reply to
Brian Dominic