OT - Steam Rally and Dibnah Photos

All,

OT I know, but I have uploaded some photos of Weeting Raly from July that may be of interest to some. No SEs there though, only tractions.

In addition, having bumped into Mr Dibnah filming his latest TV show at the SVR , I have put some photos up of his newly restored Aveling tractor.

Regards

Chris Bedo Kent UK

snipped-for-privacy@tiscali.co.uk

Reply to
Chris Bedo

Does anyone know if an announcement's been made as to when the series will air? I gather ol' Fred's not a well chap these days, and this will be his last TV appearance.

cheers,

Jules

Reply to
Jules

I was in contact with Fred's agent recently in my capacity as secretary of a Model Engineering Society.

We were trying to get Fred to come along to an opening event at our tracksite. His agent told me that he would be busy filming all through the Summer so presumably by the time the series is edited and prepared for broadcast it will be some way into next year...

The rumour surrounding Fred's "illness" came up in my conversation with his agent and I was told that "Fred has undergone treatment and had made a full recovery. He had no plans to curtail his schedule in the forseeable future"

Regards,

Reply to
Pat Martindale
1) It's good to know that Fred has made a good recovery

2) It's also good to see that he has finished his tractor (IIRC he has been working on this for about 20 years) - and excellent it looks too.

3) Very nice photos Chris.

Mark

Reply to
Mark Howard

I see from Fred's web site that he does shows. Anyone seen one or know what they are like? I ask because he is appearing within travelling distance of me later this year and I am considering going.

John

Reply to
John Manders

Unfortunately, I don?t think the information you have on his illness is quite correct. Fred did an interview recently in Old Glory. I understand his Cancer is Incurable, so there is no chance of a full recovery. Fred is apparently 'Eating oranges and drinking guniess' to fight it off !

His new series is due to be filmed early next year I understand.

I went to one his shows earlier on the year and can thoroughly recommend it to anyone who is considering going.

Regards

Chris Bedo Kent UK

snipped-for-privacy@tisacali.co.uk

Reply to
Chris Bedo

It's interesting to note that the tractor has not been lined out - how much better she looks! I suspect some of the gears are new - they certainly look to be!

.. particularly the one of the GWR pannier tank!

Brian L Dominic

Web Sites: Canals:

of the Cromford Canal:
Light Railway:

Brian Dominic me

In article , John Manders writes

Went to see him in Salisbury last back end, and it was an entertaining evening out. A two parter with a break sort of in the middle. He just stands on the stage, slowly draining a pint (probably to prevent a dry throat). Most of the talk was about his time as a steeple jack, with just an odd tale about steam engines.

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Simpson

That's typical of a bloody agent, - all one way.

I can just image the last conversation between Fred and his agent.

"Do you think after you have finished at the crem you could open a small garden fete ? Just down the road a aways and hardly out your way, usual fee less 99 %"

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Reply to
John Stevenson