OT; Tecnical Question

Gentlemen,

I am reading a book about ships etc and it keeps referring to a Spur Lash, does anybody know what this is please.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Mike.H.

That's it give the game away, I had an ex navy friend going for a while, he tried his hardest to explain what he thought it was until I told him, His answer was un repeatable on here :-))

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Well you did ask ! MH

does anybody know what this is please.

Reply to
Mike.H.

I was hoping for technical answers, I did shoot myself in the foot a bit as I checked google and up popped the answer after I posed the question.

Reply to
campingstoveman

Reply to
Charles Hamilton

Probably the backlash in the winch's spur gears as the load comes off them.

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
kimsiddorn

More of a whooshing noise overhead, methinks... 8-)

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Arrr, you're quite right there laddie. Now come below and I'll show ye the golden rivet ;-)

Cap'n Redbeard Rum

Reply to
NHH

Reply to