OT - unreal aircraft

Lots of us aircraft nuts will be enthralled by this site.

Look out for the inflatable aircraft ....

Regards,

Kim Siddorn,

Reply to
J K Siddorn

Thanks Kim A fascinating site. regards Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Which reminds me, Southend's Vulcan is doing high speed taxi runs on August the 14th. Well worth losing your hearing for the next week over!

for those that don't know...

(I do like the pic at the top on the main page - it does nothing for the reality of how enormous these planes are!)

Right, back to lurking again :-)

cheers,

Jules

Reply to
Jules

I spent my early years living near the Armstrong, Whitworth airfield at Lutterworth, Leics. In amongst the Javelins, Gannets and the like I have a dim recollection of seeing a 'flying wing' type of plane overhead a couple of times. Thought this site might have given a clue as to what it was, but the nearest I could see was the DH108. As this seems to have ended its days by 1950, & I was born in 1948, it seems unlikely that was it. Also such memory as I have is of something with less fuselage & more wing than that. Mind you, it was a *long* time ago. Any suggestions?

Cheers Tim

Tim Leech Dutton Dry-Dock

timleech

Tim, What you may have seen was the AW 52 Delta wing with vertical surfaces at the wing tips. It was an experimental aircraft built to test flight characteristics.

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Forgot to add see

Martin P

Reply to
Campingstoveman

Or even this page.

Campingstoveman

That fits perfectly. Any more info on it?

Many thanks Tim

Tim Leech Dutton Dry-Dock

timleech