OT - Wifi

We've been playing with wireless networking for some time, and have never seemed
to get anything better than our existing cabled system
I found a coupe of wireless PCI boards at the factory today and brought them
home to have another go. Since we changed to the BT business modem (2700HGV) at
home, (after finding it worked so well at the factory) it has been no problem to
connect the laptops or our little PDA's to the network by wireless, but the
bl**dy desktop machines didn't want to know!
Anyway, after a bit of twiddling and making sure that I had the latest drivers
for the cards, it all started to work, and we have one machine on the net by
radio.
It's not quite smoke and mirrors, but I'll try and find out how far away I get
before the signal gets unreliable. I picked up an add-on aerial in the states
last week which is supposed to work better than the little one on the card, so
I'll give that a try as well.
Peter

--
Peter & Rita Forbes
Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes
Gentlemen,
If anybody notices a big blue flash over Rushden Northants followed by a mushroom cloud don't worry it WAS Peter, emphasis on was :-)).
Martin P
Reply to
campingstoveman
Cheeky sod! :-))