papplewick pumping staion

I visited the pumping station for the first time this weekend - and was very impressed - the two beam engines are superb!- while i was there i had a long chat with some locals who had brought some stationary engines to display - one nice chap informed me of an engine display / sale on the A38 towards matlock (from M1 ) can any one tell me what its called ? i forgot , and am hoping to find a Petter M or similar- or does anyone have one to sell? thanks julian

Reply to
jagojules

My wife has informed me it is Cromford steam rally - strange she never normally takes note!!!

Reply to
jagojules

Cromford auction never usually attracts much in the way of enignes im afraid. But you may be lucky. Apart from that it is usually a cracking rally set in a really nice setting.

Mike M

miley snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

Reply to
miley_bob

On Mon, 17 Sep 2007 13:51:42 -0700, jagojules finished tucking into their plate of fish, chips and mushy peas. Wiping their mouths, they swiggged the last of their cup of tea, paid the bill and wrote::

If you want a really good permanent display, visit the stationary engine museum at the Midland Railway Centre -

?X=441245&Y=351835&A=Y&Z=3gives you the location.

Brian L Dominic

Web Sites: Canals:

of the Cromford Canal:
(Waterways World Site of the Month, November 2005)

Newsgroup readers should note that the reply-to address is NOT read: To email me, please send to brian(dot)dominic(at)tiscali(dot)co(dot)uk

Reply to
Brian Dominic