Sodbury Sortout

Not been to one of the old sod's events since the demise of Newbury but thought we might try Stratford armouries on Sunday - anyone else going?

NHH

Reply to
NHH

A club colleague has an arranged appointment with a blow lamp vendor and I am navigating for him. Do you know what time the public gates open?

Regards, DJC.

Reply to
D.J.Carter

The show to which it is attached opens at 10, so I assume sortout kicks off at the same time.

NHH

Reply to
NHH

Well we went but to my mind four or five vendors do not a sortout make and a similar number of engines, mostly under tarps does not constitute a rally. On the up side they seemed to be so disorganised that no one was collecting entrance money, so after an hour or so we moved on to spend a very pleasant day in Stratford itself!

NHH

Reply to
NHH

Arrived about 9.45. Because of the poor weather where he came from, the blow lamp vendor finally turned up about 11.30 still loaded up but on his way elsewhere. He wasn't for going into the mire, or the car park for some reason, so Alf bought his pre-ordered lamps, and a few more, at the entrance and then the guy left. We had already had our free squelch round the various areas so left soon after. Not a good advert for Sortouts!! Regards, DJC

Reply to
D.J.Carter